• This is a 72-hole, no-cut event. There will be playoffs, if necessary, for the medalist position and for the sixth and final position available.
• Players in this week’s field come from eight countries (Canada, Chinese Taipei, Finland, France, Germany, Norway, Switzerland and the United States)
• Bennett Baker played collegiately at Florida State University, from 2015 to 2019, and his best finish was a victory at the 2018 USA Individual Tournament as a junior.
• Maximilian Mehles played collegiately at Kentucky and turned professional in 2020 after graduating from the school.
• Cole Madey played collegiately at UCLA, from 2015 to 2018, earning second-team All-Pac-12 honors during his final season. He won the 2018 Sahalee Players Championship, which annually showcases the best amateur golfers in the Pacific Northwest.
• Matt Wilson played college golf at Cal State Fullerton from 2015 to 2019 and helped the Titans capture the 2019 Big West title by taking medalist honors individually. In October 2020, Wilson played in the PGA TOUR’s Shriners Hospitals for Children Open and shot a second-round 69.
“I hit a lot of good irons out there, especially in the beginning. It was a bit breezy, but I gave myself a lot of good looks and took advantage of a couple on the front. And then I just stayed patient and rolled two putts in on the back.” -Maximilian Mehles
“I played better today, score-wise, but I think it was playing a little more difficult. The pins seemed to be up on ridges instead of in bowls.” -Cole Madey
“It was playing tough. The pins were a little bit harder, and it was way windier this morning. There was a little stretch where I got loose and let a few things slip, but I got it back together the last few holes and kept a decent round going.” -Keenan Huskey
“It was just harder to get the ball closer to the hole today because of the wind. It was more difficult to hit it in the right sections of the greens. That makes it harder to make birdies and two-putts as well.” -Keenan Huskey
“I honestly expected the greens to be a little bit more firm because that’s what it was like last year. I was actually surprised with how the green held my longer irons today.” – Maximilian Mehles
“I haven’t played much. I graduated last year and then got conditional status but decided to give that status back and try again this year to earn full status. I haven’t played much golf. Whenever I practice or play with friends, I feel pretty good. I was just excited to come out and play some competitive golf again.” -Maximilian Mehles
Second-Round Weather: Sunny, with a high of 75. Wind SSE at 6-12 mph.